MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS VACANCIES TRAFFIC WARDENS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to become Traffic Wardens.
Traffic Wardens are responsible for assisting members of the Guyana Police Force with the general control and regulation of traffic, and the enforcement of motoring and parking laws and regulations.
The work of a Traffic Warden would involve:
· Enforcement of laws in respect of the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act, Chapter 51:02
· Regulation and management of traffic to ensure road safety and ease of congestion.
· Monitoring of designated parking areas and reporting any parking offences.
· Issuing fixed penalty notices (traffic tickets) where necessary.
· Giving evidence in court in relation to his or her functions.
· Providing advice and assistance to members of the public where necessary.
Traffic Wardens will receive training from suitably qualified members of the Guyana Police Force in the areas of traffic laws and regulations, completing and issuing traffic tickets for parking offences, methods of note taking and writing short reports, case file preparation, procedures and practices for giving evidence in court, ethics in law enforcement, health and safety issues including basic first aid, and dealing with aggression and anger management. Persons will also be sworn in as Rural Constables in accordance with the Police Act, Cap 16:01 in order to better execute their duties as Traffic Warden. This training exercise, which will involve field exercises, will last for approximately six (6) weeks.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Persons desirous of becoming Traffic Wardens should possess the following:
· An ability to think clearly and react sensibly under pressure.
· An ability to work unsupervised.
· An ability to exercise restraint, courtesy and a positive attitude when dealing with others.
· Initiative to cope with unexpected situations.
· Competent execution of written and spoken instructions.
· Assertiveness and common sense.
Persons who wish to become Traffic Wardens must be at least eighteen (18) years old, possess at least three CXC/CAPE subjects with minimum Grade 3 passes in Mathematics and English, be in good health and not have a criminal record.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Persons interested in becoming Traffic Wardens are asked to submit a written application and résumé to the address below along with two letters of reference and a Police Clearance Certificate.
Ministry of Home Affairs
Lot 6 Brickdam, Stabroek
Applications should reach this Ministry on or before February 7, 2015.
|Page 1 of 4|